Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'Register Now' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
2019 Georgia Mountain Rally
Friday, May 3, 2019 to Sunday, May 5, 2019
May 3rd to May 5th, 2019
In its 29th year the GMR returns to the ever-popular picturesque fairgrounds in Hiawassee between Friday May 3rd and Sunday May 5th, 2019.
This area of the Appalachians offers rewarding twisties - including Deal’s Gap, the Cherohala Skyway and the Blue Ridge Parkway - inspiring vistas and renowned mountain hospitality. Plus, it’s dual-sport heaven for all skill levels. Truly the perfect start to anyone’s riding season!
- Camping – Lakeside Grass Tent Camping Sites Friday and Saturday Nights
- Dinners – Chili Friday and Steak Saturday
- Breakfasts – Pancakes Saturday and Sunday
- Coffee – All Day Every Day
- Premium Facilities – Huge Music Hall for Social Gatherings
- Permanent Bathrooms – Hot Showers and Flush Toilets
- Guided Rides – Road and Dual-Sport for All Skill Levels
- Presentations by moto-authors Jack Riepe and Hawk Hagebak
- Major Prize Draws (terms & conditions apply) – Including a 7-Days Riding South American Tour Grand Prize
- also, Door Prizes, Seminars, Vendors and Other Rally Favorites
Want more refined accommodations? Complete your GMR reservation Register Now and then contact either the fairgrounds directly at 706-896-4191 for extra-cost improved onsite lots for tents and RVs, or any of these local motel and cabin rental resources Lodging Alternatives.
Questions? Email Rally Meister
Register before April 15th to save $15 per person on the normal $70 rate and you’ll also get a free entry into an exclusive Early Bird draw for a winner-take-all for a Shoei RF-1200 helmet with Transitions face shield prize valued at over $500 (terms & conditions apply).
So we can offer the best experience at the least expense for all, please be aware that there are no refunds or credits of prepaid registrations for any reason, including cancellation, no-show, or early departure.
See you there - Rain or shine!